Join Merkaz Today!
Check out our 2023-2024 Program Guide and pick your track and courses!
Register by filling out your information, selecting course and program preferences, and submitting a deposit.
What Parents & Students Are Saying
“Merkaz is an incredible experience where you learn about your religion and culture while connecting with other Jewish teens from around the area.”
“Merkaz helped me get into college.”
“I liked finding the connection to Jewish life in everyday things.”
“I’ve made a lot of friends at Merkaz.”
“You must be crazy not to take advantage of graduating high school with a second diploma – it looks so good to college admissions!”
Tuition, Discounts & Assistance
Merkaz Tuition Information
Fees and Discounts:
- First student per family: $900
- Additional students per family: $815 per student
- If you are registering a graduating senior (12th Grade), there is an additional Senior Fee: $100
Participating synagogues contribute a tuition subsidy for each of their students.
- Participating synagogues include:
- Chabad of Fairfield
- Congregation Beth El – Norwalk
- Congregation B’nai Israel
- Congregation Or Hadash
- Congregation Rodeph Sholom
- Temple Shalom
- Synagogue Subsidy: $100 per student || Enter discount code SYN 100
- B’nai Israel 8th Graders: Please use code BI5784
- Merkaz Faculty: 25% discount per student.
- Jewish Agency Employees: Employees of local Jewish Agencies working 15 hours or more per week receive a $100 discount per student.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a custom discount code if you qualify for more than one discount.
- Pay tuition in full.
- Set up a payment plan.
- Merkaz offers two payment plan options to be billed monthly:
- $150 Deposit with 2 Installments
- $150 Deposit with 4 Installments
- Merkaz offers two payment plan options to be billed monthly:
- Pay by check. Please email email@example.com to pay by check.
Please do not let cost be a barrier to participation. Tuition assistance is available.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request a tuition assistance application.
Regular and punctual attendance is essential for a successful experience at Merkaz. A student must accrue 48 credits over the course 2023-2024 school year to receive credit. If a student is unable to attain those credits do to unforeseen circumstances, students will be offered an Independent Study make-up assignment. If a student is unable to complete the assignment, they will not receive credit for that school year.
Students or parents MUST email email@example.com if they are going to be unable to attend a session with as much advanced notice. In that email, it is best practice if the student or parent indicates which make-up Flex Track program the student will attend to earn missed credits. This applies to both Classic and Flex Track students.
Lateness disturbs your fellow students and faculty and should be avoided at all cost. That being said, we understand that sometimes it is unavoidable. Whenever possible, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you know you will be arriving late. Any students arriving more than 15 minutes late to a class or program may be required to attend a make-up program.
Habitual lateness will be addressed at the discretion Head of School.
For the safety and security of our students, students may not leave the premises while Merkaz is in session.
Students leaving early must have permission from a parent or guardian. If a student must leave early, parents must email email@example.com with the time of dismissal and the name of the person picking them up, if applicable. Students will not be dismissed unless we receive explicit permission from a guardian.
Occasionally, students may be dismissed early. If parents are unable to pick-up their child, a Merkaz staff member will stay with them until retrieved.
Student Conduct & Expectations
At Merkaz, we strive to create a learning community that encourages mutual respect and collective safety. Students are expected to behave appropriately, in a manner that is respectful of administrators, teachers, guests, other students, and property. In addition, students participating in any Flex programming or Merkaz Trips will abide by the rules/policies particular to the premises.
The following behaviors are prohibited at Merkaz:
- Food or drinks in the classroom without prior permission from the Head of School. (All food brought to Merkaz must be Kosher and nut-free.)
- (Students and/or parents will be held financially liable for the cost of repair or replacement of any property damaged or defaced.)
- Use of drugs or alcohol by any student on school property.
- Smoking or vaping on school premises.
- Use of cell phones and all electronic devices, unless approved by the course instructor. All must be turned off while in class. Unapproved use of electronic equipment will result in the removal of the equipment for the evening.
- Inappropriate attire, including dress and grooming that are offensive, distracting, or disruptive to the educational process.
- Leaving the building without permission.
Violation of the above policies will be addressed by the Head of School, and parents will be notified when necessary.
Serious violations may constitute grounds for dismissal at the discretion of the Head of School.
Student Driving & Traffic Guidelines
Students must operate vehicles in a safe and appropriate manner, and must abide by the established parking lot traffic flow.
The Head of School has the authority to prohibit a student who violates safe driving practices from using the school parking facility.
Student drivers and parents must observe designated Entrances and Exits to and from the parking lot.
Safety & Security
Security will be present at each of our Classic Track campuses.
Where possible, we will have security present at Flex Track programs and events.
To inquire about the security of a specific program or event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Merkaz Transcripts
Be sure your college application stands out from the rest!
Your application says a lot about you. College Applications officers have shared that they are most impressed with students who are willing to make a long term commitment to an extra-curricular activity. Merkaz participation indicates commitment to learning, an inquisitive mind, the importance of connecting with your community, and represents a broad spectrum of learning experiences. Be sure to include your Merkaz experience in each college application! Time and again, it has proven to give students an advantage in the competitive application process.
As a Senior, your Merkaz Transcript along with a cover letter will be provided for you to include with your college applications. The letter explains the Merkaz program, your involvement and commitment at Merkaz, and the graduation requirements. To request a Merkaz Transcript, please email email@example.com.